Monday, June 27, 2011

A hard week ahead - Keine leichte Woche

When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You. In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust ; I shall not be afraid. Psalm 56:3-4a

An dem Tage, da ich mich fürchte, vertraue ich auf dich. In Gott werde ich rühmen sein Wort; auf Gott vertraue ich, ich werde mich nicht fürchten. Psalm 56, 3-4a

 
Tomorrow, Monday is going to be the day. We are supposed to go to Northside Hospital Altanta in the evening of June 27 where the birth is going to be induced with Pitocin on Tue, June 28. I can't say that I am happy about it but I guess I'll have to make peace with it. After all baby is going to have to undergo the first open heart surgery in the first days of life. And a team of surgeons has to be ready for that at Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta in Egleston. Our surgeon is going to be Dr. Kirk Kanter. As the Director of the Cardiothoracic Surgery Program he is the most experienced and does about half of the HLHS operations.

Morgen also soll es beginnen. Wir sollen uns am Mo (27. Juni) abend im Krankenhaus einfinden und am Di (28. Juni) wird mit Pitocin die Geburt eingeleitet. Gluecklich bin ich darueber nicht, aber ich muss wohl nun meinen Frieden damit machen. Denn gleich in den ersten Lebenstagen des Babys soll und muss ja auch die erste Operation stattfinden. Und dafuer ist muessen die Chirurgen im Kinderkrankenhaus Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta in Egleston bereit stehen. Unser Chirurg wird Dr. Kirk Kanter sein. Als Direktor der Herzchirurgie ist er der erfahrenste der Chirurgen, der die Haelfte aller HLHS-Babies operiert.
 

2 comments:

  1. We will be sending lots of prayers your way!!! Thank you for sharing your story on this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm continuing to pray. Please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete